` Tales from Pixie Wood: Keeping the iron hot.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Keeping the iron hot.



I have my own range of hand printed t-shirts. They have been designed by me and I sell them in my store. But, if you sell items similar to t-shirts the chances are you have to have a whole bunch of them made to start off with. This is fine but all of my t-shirts are white, which means that NOTHING is allowed to come anywhere near them before they are shipped out to the dear folk who have bought them. This is tricky. I have a cat who knows that they are forbidden territory and takes great delight in seeing just how close she can get to them before watching me sprint across the room. And I have an LBH who likes to be able to move and not topple over a whole pile of white t-shirts and listen to me scream like a banshee. So, my dear, dear Mum is heading over tomorrow to help package them. I am going to give a full demo on how this has to be done as careful packaging is a cornerstone of mine. This is great, this is fantastic in fact. But it means that I have to iron over 100 t-shirts this evening in one go. Have I told you how warm it is in England right now. How it was so warm the other day that LBH put his pinky finger on my arm and it felt like it was wrapped in angora it was so warm. Are you hearing me when I say that to be ironing on a night like this is utter torture? Yes, I know you are. So I'll stop now, take a breath and head back to it. My diva of an iron is hissing at me, it clearly needs liquid!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S
Do you know how much joy you give to a blogger when you post a response? Lots and lots and lots. That's how much!! Thank you. xx

2 Comments:

Blogger Spinner said...

Hi Cherry,

I love getting comments too so I was thrilled to hear from you this morning. Saw Pirates II last night (at 12:01 am) and LOVED it. The critics are being mean and forgetting that it is just supposed to be FUN. It's a little on the long side but totally worth seeing. Regarding your question about Miss Smartiepants, she is a pure bred Shih Tzu. She weighs 10 pounds and has barked MAYBE two times in her whole life. She's a bit of a diva and shy with other dogs but adores people and kids and is a great little companion. We kind of believe she's a cat trapped in a dog's body.
Happy Friday to you too :)

July 07, 2006  
Blogger Spinner said...

I'm not much for ironing (and 100 shirts sounds like TORTURE!) but I had to bake over 200 cookies this past weekend and my TINY Toronto apartment is not airconditioned. I now have an agreement with a friend. I leave a "toll" of cookies and treats and I can use her gorgeous air-conditioned chefs kitchen anytime I want. Maybe you could arrange a similar ceal with someone?
i've got to go check out those t-shirts. I like the one that says "yummy mummy". All of my friends are expecting and that would be a FUN easy gift for the nine million showers I am going to this summer.
Happy ironing :)

July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home