` Tales from Pixie Wood: "Breakfast, you must eat breakfast!"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

"Breakfast, you must eat breakfast!"





I struggle to eat breakfast every day, even though I know the importance of it. It's just that I wake up, have some water, immediately put the kettle on for tea and when I have poured it in to the pot I head back to bed where I drink it for the next half an hour. By that time the caffeine has kicked in and I'm throwing the bedclothes off and saying things like "that's it, I can't stay in this bed a MOMENT longer" I jump in the shower and eventually head off to begin my day. I invariably have a double shot latte when I reach work and then before I know it, it's lunchtime. Now I do kinda like it this way, but only because the morning passes so quickly. I'm so busy I have no idea where it's gone. But by the time the evening rolls around I'm shattered. This is no good if there is still a lot to do. So, I have started to think about breakfasts. I have started to think about experimenting with different breakfasts until I find one that suits my total lack of appetite in the mornings.

As you can see I started today with the most wonderfully juicy nectarines. And yesterday I had blueberry's with natural yoghurt. To cut a long story short, I'm telling you all this because I've decided on a new way to organise my recipes for cherrymenlove.com It's not particularly inspired but I think that I might quite like them this way if I was searching for a dish. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, snacks. I'll also have a section for dressings and marinades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home