` Tales from Pixie Wood: Little Chef

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Little Chef


Is there a law, one I don't seem to know about, that states that it must rain on your first day back after a holiday? I think so. I was a little miffed I have to say. There I was walking along after a glorious time in West Dorset and my feet were getting wet, my hair was going all 'flat' and the sky was low and grey. So what can I take from this? I had to dig pretty deep for this nugget because as I said I was awfully miffed. But I came to the conclusion that if allowed my return home to be dictated to by the weather I may as well not have gone away at all. We had a wonderful trip, and we will have other wonderful trips. But we also have a wonderful home, whether it's raining and grey or not.
Anyway, for the last 2 weeks we have had Elaine, LBH's cousin staying with us. Elaine is training to be a chef and has been doing work placement in one of the town's top restaurants. It was so nice to have Elaine around. We went on trips to the
food market and also visited with my folks one afternoon. Elaine is tiny but tough. She loved hanging out with 'The Boo' and drank diet coke like it was going out of style. I thought she should be drinking at least one glass of water a day and would shove a glass her way wheneverIi could. Hopefully she'll develop that as a new habit. She did very well at her placement and has now gone back home. We miss Elaine telling us about her day and look forward to seeing her again. She is welcome here, with our little family of three anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home